- theodicy and optimism
- something happens to its greatest extent-optimal
- Write a piece called Theodicy- an attempt to justify the apparent imperfections in the world
- if God is all good, all knowing, and all powerful, why do bad things happen to good people?
- wouldn't god be able to stop bad things from happening in the world?
- because God is omnipotent, the world as it is is the best of all possible world
- according to Leibniz, because God is omnipotently powerful, nothing that God creates could go against hat; anything that happens is the will of God and God's will is all good and anything that happens in the world is the best thing that could possibly happen.
- what happens was the best that could ever happened in the situation
Wednesday, February 2, 2011
at the end of the one age-known for his treaty on optimism